Sunday, May 23, 2010

58. Live in the Place you Love

I love my apartment.. Okay, so it's old and now that winter is only a week away, and it's been raining all week, it smells musty... but it's my apartment. I pay the rent - it's set up how I want it - it's my apartment and I LOVE IT!

At least I did until I got an unwanted visitor.

My Dad has been staying in my spare room for almost 4 weeks. What started as a 1 night visit as he was between houses has turned into 4 weeks of shared bathrooms, diet coke in my fridge (he is the only man I know who still drinks diet coke when coke zero is far more black and masculine), and the lid being up on the toilet. It's killing me!

I mean I love my Dad but we lived together for a long time and it soured faster than an iced coffee on a 40 degree day.. So now, when our relationship is back on track, it's kind of difficult to be back in the same boat again. My question to him is - when are you moving out? My question to all of you is how do I delicately and diplomatically ask him to leave? It's a tough one... And I'm not sure it's one I can answer in a blog post!

So, I'm 50/50 on whether I am living in a place I love - ask me again in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment